PRP -Non-Surgical Hair Rejuvenation
WHAT IS PRP NON-SURGICAL HAIR REJUVENATION?
PRP (PLATELET-RICH PLASMA) is a non-surgical treatment option for the stimulation of hair growth performed by Dr Marie-Louise Wessels and Dr Liz Thompson at Clear Skin Laser & Wellness Group. During a PRP treatment, the patients own blood is drawn and spun in a centrifuge to separate out the yellow plasma, which is 5x more concentrated in platelets than the whole blood. Platelets release growth factors that contribute to our bodies innate healing processes. When this “liquid gold” is injected into the base of the hair follicles on the scalp, dermal papilla cells are stimulated resulting in hair growth.
PRP NON-SURGICAL HAIR REJUVENATION CAN:
- Awaken dormant follicles
- Provides nutrients to existing hair follicles
- Increase blood supply to the follicles
- Increase hair shaft thickness
- Trigger and maintain the growth phase
- Decrease hair loss
ARE YOU A POTENTIAL CANDIDATE FOR PRP NON-SURGICAL HAIR REJUVENATION?
- Have you experienced a noticeable change in your hairline?
- Have you noticed thinning hair, either over the entire scalp, the temples, part or ponytail?
- Is there an increase in the amount of daily hair loss you’re experiencing?
- Do you wear hats more often due to the changes in your hair?
- Do you feel as though hair loss is impacting your confidence and ability to maintain a more youthful appearance?
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
4-6 treatments, spaced 1 month apart is an ideal initial treatment protocol. Since PRP works through tissue regeneration and stimulation of cellular growth, it can take up to 3 months before you start to see the benefits.
PRP and PRF treatments can be purchased as a single treatment or a discounted rate for packages.